View online exhibitions and digital resources provided by the Department of Cultural Affairs' various museums, libraries, historic sites, and cultural institutions.
Visiting information for New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs' museums, historic sites, and cultural institutions.
New Mexico Arts has gathered some resources for members of the arts community affected by the wildfires in New Mexico. Please visit the website for a listing of resources.
El Palacio is a quarterly magazine which primarily serves the museums and historic sites of the Museum of New Mexico system. It is the oldest museum magazine of its kind, first published in 1913 by the Museum of New Mexico. Users can access and view magazine issues online dating back to 1913 when the magazine was first published.
Check out resources and learning opportunities from all institutions of the New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs.
1:30 PM Board of Trustees of the New Mexico Museum of Natural History & Science
Online via Zoom (see announcement for details)
Latest Press Releases
- 5/24/2022 New Mexico State Library announces champions of 2022 New Mexico Letters About Literature contest
- 5/23/2022 New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs to offer free admission for New Mexicans affected by fires
- 5/18/2022 Museum of Indian Arts & Culture celebrates Native lives and histories with its new permanent exhibition, Here, Now and Always
- 5/17/2022 State takes Wonders on Wheels with Música Buena to Carlsbad for an afternoon of free flamenco, music and food June 1
- 5/6/2022 New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs works to aid preservation work at Fort Stanton Historic Site
See all DCA news in the DCA Media Center
The New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs is building a more vibrant, resilient New Mexico by improving the quality of life, supporting a culturally rich education, strengthening the creative economy, fostering a diversity of expression, and preserving our cultural resources.
New Mexico CulturePass
Your ticket to New Mexico's exceptional Museums and Historic Sites.
From Indian treasures to space exploration, world-class folk art to awesome dinosaurs—our museums and monuments celebrate the essence of New Mexico every day.
More Info »
Take a look inside the museums and historic sites of New Mexico without leaving home. Join host Charlotte Jusinski, and a variety of guest curators, artists, and exhibitors in exploring the art and culture of the state in Encounter Culture, a new podcast from the New Mexico Department of Cultural Affairs.
Featured DCA Exhibitions
Lloyds’s Treasure Chest: Folk Art in Focus is a participatory gallery that encourages the exploration of folk art
On display in the Bataan Building Atrium Gallery: Touching Beauty Now, sculpture by Santa Clara Pueblo’s Michael
Telling New Mexico: Stories from Then and Now sweeps across more than 500 years of history—from the state’s